Religious Exploration Updates
RE Calendar May and June 2023
- Sunday, May 21– Youth Sunday, multi-generational service for all ages
- Sunday, May 21– 6-8 pm Game Night for Tweens and Teens with Don Micheals
- Sunday, May 28 – All Ages Game Day for children during service in Unity Room
- Sunday, June 4– Religious Exploration for Children and Youth Group for Teens. Following Service, join us in the backyard for work on the RE space from 11:30 am -12:30 pm.
- Sunday, June 11– Camp Murray for children and teens
- Sunday, June 18– Flower Communion, multi-generational service
Programs for Youth in grades 7 and up
If you are a young person in 7th grade through high school (or the parent of a youth), you’ll find many opportunities available at Murray Church to connect to a group of youth with similar values and experiences. Our offerings include special highly-regarded programs, Youth Group, and opportunities to connect with volunteer and justice work in the church community.
OWL sexuality education program for 7th to 9th graders
Honest, accurate information about sexuality changes lives. It dismantles stereotypes and assumptions, builds self-acceptance and self-esteem, fosters healthy relationships, improves decision-making, and has the potential to save lives. For these reasons and more, we are proud to offer Our Whole Lives (OWL), a comprehensive, lifespan sexuality education curricula for this age group. Our Whole Lives helps participants make informed and responsible decisions about their relationships, sexual health, and behavior.
Coming-of-Age for our 9th graders
This beloved rite-of-passage program invites teens to go deep exploring their own beliefs as they wonder “who am I” and “who do I want to be”.
Youth Group for our teens
Our Youth Group offers a varied program that includes learning about our faith, service projects, discussion of social issues, plus time to have fun together. Our youth are also offered many opportunities to participate and volunteer in many areas of our church community. Programs and activities are chosen by the group and are designed to help provide a deeper opportunity to connect to our world, explore issues of importance to teens, and come to understand and appreciate one’s self more fully. The youth look forward to collaborate to plan bigger projects such as service trips and/or camping with other U.U. youth.