COVID-19 recommendations through the end of January
- The Board STRONGLY RECOMMENDS the majority of the congregation watch the service over ZOOM rather than attending in person, at least while the case count is so high in Massachusetts. This past Sunday, we had 45 devices logged into the service via ZOOM and 28 people in the Sanctuary. This was a good ratio. People were safely spread out in the sanctuary and were supportive of Rev. Paul’s sermon; folks watching from home had better audio, and it will continue to get even better as our new equipment is added.
- No food or coffee served after the service. (Groups meeting in the church will make their own decision on this.)
- The gold ribbons will continue to be used to block off half of each pew, such that the seating will be in a zigzag pattern with family “pods” seated together. Please, no moving or sitting on the gold ribbons.
- N95, KN94, KN95, or double masking is strongly encouraged. We have purchased N95 masks for our volunteers and the D&Ds will be able to offer them to those that attend “in-person” until people have time to purchase their own.
- Attendance: Those attending in-person are asked to check in with a member of the D&Ds at the back of the Sanctuary each Sunday. We’re taking attendance, in case we need to notify anyone of COVID-19 exposure. Please let Jeanne in our office know if you have COVID-19.
- The Task Force will review these and our other COVID-19 safety rules the first week of February, hopefully, to relax some of them.