The “Speak-Easy” Discussion Group
Calm, clear, and collected discussions on current “hot” topics as well as other issues from a Unitarian Universalist perspective. We meet the second and fourth Sundays of the month BEFORE regular Sunday services, from 8:45 am to 9:45 am in Harmony Hall.
January 22 topic: Defining characteristics of good religion.
According to Rev. David Usher there are five defining characteristics of good religion:
- It is about how you live, not how you demand others must live.
- It is humble, it recognizes its human limitations of knowledge, insight, and experience.
- It leads to peace, not violence; love, not hate; inclusiveness, not division.
- It leads to a life in which the sacred and the secular are intimately interfused.
- It can laugh at itself, it rejoices in the gift of life.
What do you think?
So bring a cup of coffee/tea and come speak your mind and share your views in a safe, non-threatening atmosphere.