What we’re doing to help our Earth
We all can help, here are some ways
The 7th Unitarian Universalist Principle is “Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.”
Our church members and friends share the actions that they take, large or small, that are intentionally done to help the Earth. It is our intention to keep adding to this list.
Would you like to share what actions you take for the Earth? Use the form below.
I am eating red meat very seldom now. We enjoy ‘Impossible meat’ and are using that for burgers and meatloaf. We like their sausage as well. I also make sure I vote for candidates who support policies that address climate change.
Plastic bags are not allowed in most cities’ or towns’ all-in-one recycling because they jam up the recycling machines. Did you know that most supermarkets have a place to bring those bags so they can be properly recycled? I collect them and bring them with me when going to get my groceries.
Submit how you take action
Area Climate Action Links
These are local, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island organizations that are resources for sustainable communities and legislation.
- UU Mass Action – UU Mass Action’s mission is to organize and mobilize UUs in Massachusetts to confront oppression. They provide pathways towards justice and identify opportunities in which we can live our shared values.
- Mass Power Forward – Mass Power Forward is a coalition of over 200 environmental leaders, community development organizations, clean energy businesses, faith groups, neighborhood health and safety advocates and Massachusetts families fighting for our future. They believe our state and region can power forward with healthy, clean, affordable, reliable energy and a thriving economy.
- Massachusetts Renews – The Massachusetts Renews Alliance is a coalition of over 80 organizations in Massachusetts that span environmentalist, labor, youth, Indigenous, economic justice, and environmental justice activist sectors. The Mass Renews Alliance is the Massachusetts affiliate of Renew New England. 350 Mass is on the Steering Committee of the Massachusetts Renews Alliance.
- Heat Smart Alliance – Their mission is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by accelerating the adoption of energy-efficient heat pumps in Massachusetts homes and buildings.
- Massachusetts Decarbonization Roadmap – The state’s plan to identify cost-effective and equitable strategies to ensure Massachusetts reduces greenhouse gas emissions by at least 85% by 2050 and achieves net-zero emissions
- Climate Change, Rhode Island – This website serves as the State of Rhode Island’s primary portal for information and resources on climate change and resiliency.