Calendar for RE
- Nov 27 – Religious Exploration for Children. NO Youth Group but Teens are invited to remain in service or work on pageant preparations.
- Dec 2 – Family Night Fellowship: “Gifts from the Heart”. Join us for family dinner and a gift making workshop as we usher in the season of giving from 6-7:30 pm.
- Dec 4 – Religious Exploration for Children. Coming of Age for Teens 11:30 am-12:30 pm
- Dec 11 – Religious Exploration for Children and Youth Group for Teens.
- Dec 18 – Multigen Service with RE Pageant and Holiday Music
Religious Exploration Program
In focusing on Religious Exploration, Murray Unitarian Universalist Church affirms its desire to offer opportunities for everyone in the congregation to grow and develop. Each person is called to seek out their own path.
By becoming part of the Murray Community, we choose to walk this path with others and be nurtured and supported by our being with one another. Our three-year pillar system plan includes Unitarian Universalism, World Religions, Self-Worth, Self-Care, and our respect and care for the interconnected web of life. We offer Our Whole Lives (OWL) to our 7-9th graders every other year.
Each family is asked to register all children who will be participating in the Nursery care, Sunday School, or Youth Group by completing our Family Registration Form. There is no fee for participation in our program.
Meaningful and inspiring Religious Education programming for adults — discussions, workshops, and other events that contribute to spiritual growth, lifelong religious learning, and a deep understanding of the world in which we live.
Grades 7 to 9
Our Whole Lives sexuality education program
We offer the Our Whole Lives (OWL) program every other year to 7th-9th graders. The OWL program is sometimes referred to as “sex ed,” but really it’s more than that. OWL is a sexuality education program that models and teaches caring, compassion, respect, and justice.
Murray high school age students are invited to participate in Youth Group. Our Youth Group offers a varied program which includes learning about our faith, service projects, discussion of social issues, plus an opportunity to have fun. Our youth are also offered many opportunities to participate and volunteer in many areas of our church.