RE Calendar through April
Please mark your calendar for Clean-up Sunday, April 30
We will begin work on the new RE outdoor space. We’ll have several jobs for adults and children, as we prepare the area. Many hands make light work, and we hope to have the first phase of the project finished in time for use by the end of the year.
- March 26 – Multi-gen Music Service NO RE classes for children or teens.
- April 1 – Youth Group/COA overnight at Murray
- April 2 – Religious Exploration for Children. No Youth Group or Coming Of Age
- April 9 – Religious Exploration for Children. Youth Group for teens.
- April 16 – Religious Exploration for Children. Youth Group for teens.
- April 23 – Religious Exploration for Children. NO Youth Group. COA meets at 11:30 am.
- April 30 – Multi-generational service (No Religious Exploration classes) for Clean-Up Sunday.
Religious Exploration Program
In focusing on Religious Exploration, Murray Unitarian Universalist Church affirms its desire to offer opportunities for everyone in the congregation to grow and develop. Each person is called to seek out their own path.
By becoming part of the Murray Community, we choose to walk this path with others and be nurtured and supported by our being with one another. Our three-year pillar system plan includes Unitarian Universalism, World Religions, Self-Worth, Self-Care, and our respect and care for the interconnected web of life. We offer Our Whole Lives (OWL) to our 7-9th graders every other year.
Each family is asked to register all children who will be participating in the Nursery care, Sunday School, or Youth Group by completing our Family Registration Form. There is no fee for participation in our program.
Meaningful and inspiring Religious Exploraton programming for adults — discussions, workshops, and other events that contribute to spiritual growth, lifelong religious learning, and a deep understanding of the world in which we live.
Grades 7 to 9
Our Whole Lives sexuality education program
We offer the Our Whole Lives (OWL) program every other year to 7th-9th graders. The OWL program is sometimes referred to as “sex ed,” but really it’s more than that. OWL is a sexuality education program that models and teaches caring, compassion, respect, and justice.
Murray high school age students are invited to participate in Youth Group. Our Youth Group offers a varied program which includes learning about our faith, service projects, discussion of social issues, plus an opportunity to have fun. Our youth are also offered many opportunities to participate and volunteer in many areas of our church.