Calm, clear, and collected discussions on current “hot” topics as well as other issues from a Unitarian Universalist perspective. We meet on the second and fourth Sundays of the month BEFORE regular Sunday services, from 8:45 am to 9:45 am in Harmony Hall.
Topic: 6 ways Religion Does More Bad Than Good
According to Valerie Tarico, there are six ways religion does more bad than good:
- Religion promotes tribalism
- Religion anchors believers to the Iron Age
- Religion makes a virtue out of faith
- Religion diverts generous impulses and good intentions
- Religion teaches helplessness
- Religions seek power
What do you think?
So bring a cup of coffee/tea and come speak your mind and share your views in a safe, non-threatening atmosphere.